Friday, October 7, 2011

In Memory of Mohammed Sedqy

 (from left to right: Joey and Mohammed Sedqy, Kike and Adan Rodriguez)

With life comes the realization that it is often just one cluster f*** of senseless acts and evil people. Most people don’t get to witness hate at its worst or even darkness. The fact that life brought this to my brother’s forefront really pisses me off. I have spent all my life hoping and doing the best I can to shelter my brother’s from this, only for an ugly lifeless sorry excuse for a human to cause them pain by murdering their best friend. On September 13, 2011 Muhammad Sedqy was murdered in front of an east Austin home due to a conflict for a girl so selfish the devil himself would not want to wed. He was stabbed four times and the murderer fled and he later died at the hospital.

If you met Mohammad you would know he was a gem of a person. Always a smile on his face and if there was a difficult situation you can bet Mohammad would see light at the end of it. I would visit my mother every weekend after I moved out. I can bet that he would be across the street yelling out to me, “Hi, Vanessa” smiling from ear to ear. My brother’s had been friends with him since we moved into that neighborhood in 2001. Mohammad was Kike’s age and Joey was close to age with my younger brother Adan. The other one was David who lived a couple of houses down the street. If you came near them when they were having a conversation good luck trying to decipher what they were saying. They had so many inside jokes and lingo they had all together created their own language. These boys were the best of friends and it always made me so happy to know they had childhood friend just like I did growing up.

Ironically enough, he passed away the day I was in Chicago hanging out with my childhood friends, Roxann and Laura. I facebooked later that day that I cannot imagine the pain my brothers were feeling and knowing that never will they have the opportunity to take a trip with him just like I was doing at that very moment. I know life takes different turns and BFF’s that we wrote in letters ultimately fade to text messages of possibly planning a one year get together. If this taught me anything is that the people that make you the happiest should always be in your thoughts. Life is too short and things happen so don’t lose the chance to tell someone you love them.
Taking the life of a 23 year old is beyond my comprehension. Goes to show the theory of Locke is correct: “Man is by nature a social animal,” and “society creates order and grants the state legitimacy.” I strongly believe people are savages because they have the mindset to know right from wrong. Instead, laws have to be created to remind people that they cannot do those things. In this case such individual deems himself above the law and commits heinous crimes that affects many people including himself. I dislike people for many reasons and this is one of them. You never know how cruel they can be until you see what he is capable of. Both were someone’s child, lover, and friend. They were both loved but someone dearly and unfortunately the one that was defenseless lost his life while the other lost his freedom.
We love you Mohammed and you will be sorely missed. I will make sure to still say hello when I come over to my mom’s house as if you were still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment