Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Electric Blankey

Sleeping on a Cloud

I have always had trouble sleeping. I have worked at UPS for 10 years and all those years have been spent in the evening shift that are from 6p.m. to 9p.m.  Ever since I can remember I have never been exhausted after work, despite the rigorous work we do moving boxes. Instead when I get home I am energetic and the last thing I want to do is go to sleep. For the past 10 years I would get off and usually go out. As I have started getting older when I get off I usually go home drink a beer and do things around the house or watch t.v. till 2a.m. I toss and turn and I have just gotten use to the idea that is how I will always operate until I leave UPS.
For Christmas my boyfriend bought me an electric blanket. He had one of his own and the moment I slept in it I was hooked. When I didn’t stay there I was tossing and turning in my bed dreaming of how nice it would be to be warm underneath it. I guess he figured since I loved it so much he would get me one. I am glad he did.
The difference with mine is that it is plush. If you sleep underneath it feels like you just covered yourself with a warm cloud, no joke! So, when I got it home and put it on my bed I just figured it would have the same effects that the other one does which just keeps me warm. Well, no it doesn’t it does much more. When I laid down ready to start my night of tossing and turning before going to sleep something happened. I did not toss and turn, instead I passed out. I woke up feeling like I never wanted to get up and I could definitely spend the rest of my life in my bed. Instead of dreaming of wanting to be at my BF’s house underneath his electric blanket I was hoping he wouldn’t call so I can stay in my apartment and sleep with my electric blankey. It was heaven and was sleeping well and everything was going fine until the morning came and I had to leave my cloud.
Now summer is almost here. I had to put away my blankey and just use my sheet and comforter. My restless nights have once again started up. Last night I tossed and turned for about 30 minutes and was wondering if it was just me and this infatuation with my blankey or if it really just comforted me. I got up and it was chilly so I decided to bring it back out. I connected it and slid underneath it. Once again, I passed out. So at this point I am willing to admit that I am the woman that has a blankey and a teddy bear on her bed and sleeps with her cats. If it wasn’t for me actually having a real life boyfriend I would consider myself a loser right about now.
Moral of the story is that this is the best gift ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment